The coins with pegs (fractions set) are compatible with the Ten, Twenty, and Hundred Frames. They offer even more learning and play as your child places each into the dimples of the boards.
Product details: Fraction coins with pegs. The ink is printed directly onto the coins (no paint or stickers)
Dimensions: Diameter approximately 2.5 cm
Some activity ideas:
• Create a number line of fractions according to their size. Remember the value of the fraction is based on the whole number you start with.
• Learn about Numerators and Denominators. Sort and line up fractions based on their numerators and denominators.
• Use your frame board to show the fraction using balls -- 2/3 can be two red balls and one blue ball.
• Fill up one quadrant of your hundred frame with balls to show 1/4.
• Learn about Equivalent Fractions
• Line up ten wool balls in a few different colours on one line. Ask your child to label the fraction for each coloured ball. For instance, there are four pink balls. That's 4/10. There are five blue balls, that's 1/2 or 5/10. And that leaves 1/10 of the balls as the last colour, perhaps yellow.
• Use the fraction coins with our Number Coins for creating Mixed Fractions.
• Simplify fractions to convert to smaller denominators.